I’ve been buying and trying out some new hot sauces recently, in this case with my lunch of khichri (red lentils and rice cooked together) and a chicken seekh kabab. Here are my brief ratings of these fiery condiments (from the left) on a scale of 1 to 5 stars:
- El Yucateco Habanero Black Reserve: ★★★, not much flavor, lot of heat.
- La Meridana Mango Habanero: ★★★★, nice combo of sweet mango flavor and heat.
- El Yucateco Chipotle: ★★★★★, tastes like a hot tamarind chutney, v. good.
- Cholula Chipotle: ★★, too watery, not enough flavor or heat.
- Clemente Jacques Chipotles Molidos: ★★★★, excellent and second only to freshly blended chipotle peppers in adobe sauce.