The editors of 3QD have made their decision. The 21 semifinalists have been winnowed down to six, and three wildcard entries added. Thanks again to all the participants.
Once again, Carla Goller has provided a “trophy” logo that our finalists may choose to display on their own blogs.
So, here it is, the final list that I am sending to Mohsin Hamid, who will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners: (in alphabetical order by blog name here)
- 3:AM Magazine: Honest work: an experimental review of an experimental translation
- 3 Quarks Daily: The Short Bus
- Gilded Birds: Kwame Anthony Appiah
- Los Angeles Review of Books: How Auden Was Modified in the Guts of the Living
- Medium: The Death of the Urdu Script
- n + 1: Everywhere and Nowhere
- Northeast Review: Mofussil Junction
- Paris Review: Drinking in the Golden Age
- The Millions: The Fictional Lives of High School Teachers
We'll announce the three winners on June 23, 2014.
P.S. The editors of 3QD will not be making any comments on our deliberations, or the process by which we made our decision, other than to simply say that we picked what we thought were the best posts out of the semifinalists, and added three others which we also liked.