The editors of 3QD have made their decision. The twenty semifinalists have been winnowed down to six, and three wildcard entries added. Thanks again to all the participants.
Once again, Carla Goller has provided a “trophy” logo that our finalists may choose to display on their own blogs.
So, here it is, the final list that I am sending to Mark Blyth, who will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners: (in alphabetical order by blog name here)
- Corey Robin: Jews Without Israel
- Family Inequality: State of Utah falsely claims same-sex marriage ban makes married, man-woman parenting more likely
- Forbes: How Putin Invented The New Authoritarianism
- Los Angeles Review of Books: I Am Malala : The Girl Who Stood Up For Education and Was Shot by the Taliban
- Pandaemonium: In Defense of Diversity
- Social Pulses: Democratic Austerity: Semi sovereign states, semi sovereign peoples
- The New Yorker: The Trial of Pervez Musharraf
- The Philosopher's Stone: How to Do History
- U.S. Intellectual History Blog: Not Everyone Wants to Hear Lee Atwater Sing the Blues
We'll announce the three winners on March 24, 2014.
P.S. The editors of 3QD will not be making any comments on our deliberations, or the process by which we made our decision, other than to simply say that we picked what we thought were the best posts out of the semifinalists, and added three others which we also liked.