The voting round of our science prize (details here) is over. A total of 2,615 votes were cast for the 107 nominees (click here for full list of nominees). Thanks to the nominators and the voters for participating.
Carla Goller has designed a “trophy” logo that our top twenty vote-getters may choose to display on their own blogs. So here they are, in descending order from the most voted-for:
- Astronomy Picture of the Day: Red Aurora Over Australia
- Scientific American Guest Blog: The educational value of creative disobedience
- Above the Market: We Suck at Math
- Empirical Zeal: The crayola-fication of the world: How we gave colors names, and it messed with our brains
- Amy Shira Teitel: Was NASA’s First Launch Delay its Most Significant?
- Why We Reason: Does Pinker’s “Better Angels” Undermine Religious Morality?
- Scientific American Guest Blog: Trayvon Martin’s Psychological Killer: Why We See Guns That Aren’t There
- Science Sushi: Time – and brain chemistry – heal all wounds
- viXra log: Higgs Boson Live Blog: Analysis of the CERN announcement
- The Mermaid's Tale: Forget bipedalism. What about babyism?
- World Science Festival: E.O. Wilson’s Controversial Rethink of Altruism
- Gaines, On Brains: Seeing into the future? The neuroscience of déjà vu
- The Primate Diaries: Freedom to Riot: On the Evolution of Collective Violence
- The Scorpion and the Frog: Snakes Deceive to Get a Little Snuggle
- The Spectrum of Riemannium: Time of Flight
- Inkfish: Life Advice: Think More about Death
- Boundary Vision: Do scientific explanations have to ruin wonder? Stargazing and more with songwriter Jim Fitzpatrick
- Cedar's Digest: Purple Doesn’t Exist: Some thoughts on Male Privilege and Science Online
- Cosmology Science Blog: Cosmic Microwave Angular Resolution Surprise
- The Trenches of Discovery: The War of the Immune Worlds
The editors of 3 Quarks Daily will now pick the top six entries from these, and after possibly adding up to three “wildcard” entries, will send that list of finalists to Sean Carroll for final judging. We will post the shortlist of finalists here in the next day or two.