The editors of 3QD have made their decision. The twenty semifinalists have been winnowed down to six, plus we have added three “wildcard” entries which we thought were deserving nominees that didn't make it past the voting round. Thanks again to all the participants. There was a lot of interesting stuff, and we discovered many interesting and great blogs through this contest. I hope our readers did too.
Once again, South Tyrolean graphic artist Carla Goller has provided a “trophy” logo that our finalists may choose to display on their own blogs. And if you like our site, please do add us to your blogroll!
So, here it is, the final list that I am sending to Professor Dan Dennett, who will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners: (in alphabetical order by blog name)
- 3 Quarks Daily: Penne For Your Thought
- Der Wille Zur Macht und Sprachspiele: Nietzsche's Causal Essentialism
- Grundlegung: Philosophy as Bildung
- Justin Erik Halldór Smith: The Fundamentals of Gelastics
- PEA Soup: Scanlon on Moral Responsibility and Blame
- The Immanent Frame: Immanent Spirituality
- Tomkow: Blackburn, Truth and other Hot Topics
- Underverse: Refuting “It,” Thus
- Wide Scope: Emotions and Moral Skepticism
We'll announce the three winners on September 22, 2009.
P.S. The editors of 3QD will not be making any comments on our deliberations, or the process by which we made our decision, other than to simply say that we picked what we thought were the best philosophy posts out of the semifinalists, and added three others that we liked.