The editors of 3QD have made their decision. The twenty semifinalists have been winnowed down to six, and three wildcard entries added. Thanks again to all the participants.
Once again, Carla Goller has provided a “trophy” logo that our finalists may choose to display on their own blogs. And if you like our site, please do add us to your blogroll!
So, here it is, the final list that I am sending to Lisa Randall, who will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners: (in alphabetical order by blog name here)
- Cosmic Variance: The Fine Structure Constant is Probably Constant
- Dr. Carin Bondar: Sacrifice on the Serengeti
- Empirical Zeal: Blind Fish in Dark Caves Shed Light on the Evolution of Sleep
- Highly Allochthonous: Levees and the Illusion of Flood Control
- Laelaps: The Pelican's Beak – Success and Evolutionary Stasis
- Oh, For the Love of Science: Prehistoric Clues Provide Insight into Climate's Future Impact on Oceans
- Opinionator: Morals Without God?
- Scientific American Guest Blog: Serotonin and Sexual Preference: Is It Really That Simple?
- Starts With A Bang: Where Is Everybody?
We'll announce the three winners on or around June 21, 2011.
P.S. The editors of 3QD will not be making any comments on our deliberations, or the process by which we made our decision, other than to simply say that we picked what we thought were the best posts out of the semifinalists, and added three others which we also liked.