The editors of 3QD have made their decision. The twenty semifinalists have been winnowed down and wildcards added. Thanks to all the participants. (Details about the prize here.)
Once again, Carla Goller has provided a “trophy” logo that our finalists may choose to display on their own blogs. And if you like our site, please do add us to your blogroll and tell your friends about us.
So, here it is, the final list that I am sending to Akeel Bilgrami, who will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners from these: (given here in alphabetical order by blog name)
- Brian Leiter's Nietzsche Blog: Katsafanas on “Nietzsche's Philosophical Psychology”
- Justin Erik Halldor Smith: More on Non-Western Philosophy (the Very Idea)
- Minds and Brains: The Myth of Sensory Immediacy – Why Berkeley Was Wrong
- PEA Soup: Am I a Consequentialist?
- Philotropes: Do folks think that consciousness matters for moral responsibility?
- The Immanent Frame: Secularism, atheism, antihumanism
- Tomkow: The Retributive Theory of Property
- TTahko: Counterfactuals and Modal Epistemology
- Yeah, OK, But Still: Marriage
We'll announce the three winners on September 22, 2010.
P.S. The editors of 3QD will not be making any comments on our deliberations, or the process by which we made our decision, other than to simply say that we picked what we thought were the best six posts out of the semifinalists, and added up to three others that we also liked.