The voting round of our prize (details here) is over. A total of 2,655 votes were cast for the 171 nominees (click here for full list of nominees). Thanks to the nominators and the voters for participating.
Carla Goller, a South Tyrolean graphic artist, has designed a “trophy” logo that our top twenty vote-getters may choose to display on their own blogs. So here they are, in descending order from the most voted-for:
- The Science Babe: The Physics of High Heels
- My Genes and Me: Journey to My Genes
- Southern Fried Science: The ecological disaster that is dolphin safe tuna
- In The Pipeline: Your Paper Is A Sack Of Raving Nonsense. Thank You.
- 3 Quarks Daily: Giambattista Della Porta of Naples: How to Turn a Woman Green
- Daylight Atheism: The Age of Wonder
- Dot Physics: Physics of Fantastic Contraption I
- Mauka to Makai: The Ocean's Big pHat Problem
- Cocktail Party Physics: The Universe Makes A Lotta Gas
- Unitary Flow: Smooth Quantum Mechanics
- The Primate Diaries: Male Chauvinist Chimps or the Meat Market of Public Opinion?
- Mauka to Makai: Baby-Making
- Tom Paine’s Ghost: Dr. Temple Grandin
- In The Pipeline: Things I Won’t Work With: Triazadienyl Fluoride
- The Intersection: Singled Out
- Expression Patterns: A Squishy Topic
- Observations of a Nerd: The End of the Age of Man?
- Tetrapod Zoology: Passerine birds fight dirty, a la Velociraptor
- Daylight Atheism: Bands of Iron
- Observations of a Nerd: A Marine Biologist’s Story
We'll announce the seven finalists on June 11.