From The Encyclopedia of Life website:
Comprehensive, collaborative, ever-growing, and personalized, the Encyclopedia of Life is an ecosystem of websites that makes all key information about life on Earth accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world. Our goal is to create a constantly evolving encyclopedia that lives on the Internet, with contributions from scientists and amateurs alike. To transform the science of biology, and inspire a new generation of scientists, by aggregating all known data about every living species. And ultimately, to increase our collective understanding of life on Earth, and safeguard the richest possible spectrum of biodiversity.
1. What does Encyclopedia of Life seek to accomplish? What are its objectives?
2. Why now?
3. Why has this not previously been done?
4. Who is responsible for conceiving this project?
5. What impact will this have on science? On society?
6. What are the most significant obstacles you may face?
7. How have audiences been accessing this information to date?