The editors of 3QD have made their decision. The twenty semifinalists have been winnowed down to six, and three wildcard entries added. Thanks again to all the participants. Details of the prize can be found here.
On the right is a “trophy” logo that our finalists may choose to display on their own blogs.
So, here it is, the final list that I am sending to Ken Roth, who will select the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners from these: (in alphabetical order by blog or website name here)
- 3 Quarks Daily: Notes Of A Grand Juror
- Abandoned Footnotes: The Saudi Monarchy as a Family Firm
- Brown Pundits: Blasphemy, blasphemy laws, Pakistan, Charlie Hebdo…
- Justin Erik Halldór Smith: Abandoning Ukraine
- Los Angeles Review of Books: The Limits of Muslim Liberalism
- Pandaemonium: Assimilation vs. Multiculturism
- Religious Left Law: The Highlander Folk School: A Civil Rights Movement Halfway House
- The Philosopher's Beard: The Robot Economy and the Crisis of Capitalism: Why We Need Universal Basic Income
- U.S. Intellectual History: How the CIA Bought Juan Rulfo Some Land in the Country
We'll announce the three winners on March 23, 2015.
P.S. The editors of 3QD will not be making any comments on our deliberations, or the process by which we made our decision, other than to simply say that we picked what we thought were the best six posts out of the semifinalists, and added three others which we also liked.